Provide First Aid
(Level 2 or Senior First Aid)
Our Price: $89
Gain your first aid qualification with our one day nationally recognised programme and become confident in your ability to provide first aid in an emergency situation.
This course comprises of:
- 2 Days (7 hours per session) face-to-face with our qualified trainer
- Classroom Delivery at our very own state of the art facilities or at client site
What’s the course about?
This course provides you with the practical skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies including providing CPR, managing the incident and casualties in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
This programme also meets the requirements of Safe Work Australia Code of Practice for First Aid, which recommends that first aid skills are refreshed every 3 years with CPR skills being renewed every 12 months.
A Statement of Attainment (Certificate) will be provided for the successful completion of the following course:
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
APIT’s highly trained staff are qualified with Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and often have gained many years of experience in the industry. They are able to interactively engage with students in a relaxed and friendly manner, while drawing upon past experiences of real life emergencies to bring relevance along with the theory, and ensure accurate techniques are developed by the participants. This enables students to leave confident in the ability to utilise these skills & techniques for a medical emergency in future.
What we cover?
- Assessing the scene of an incident
- Conducting primary assessment of the casualty
- Providing basic life support (CPR) for adult, child and infant
- Management of external and internal bleeding
- Management of shock & wounds
- Management of environmental conditions, thermal burns and other burns
- Management of poisons, bites and stings
- Management of medical emergencies
- Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
Our staff are fully equipped and experienced to provide on-site training to groups of participants in an approved workspace at competitive prices. We strongly believe that participants are able to take in much more when in a familiar setting. Our trainers are able to visit your workplace and are able to adapt and extract the best outcomes from students with their many years of experience conducting training in various settings.
Please contact one of our friendly staff to arrange a booking on 1300 WEUPSKILL, or inquire online by clicking on the link below
The Assessment Procedure
All assessment will be based on the principles of competency-based training and assessment.
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Final Theory Assessment (during attendance of training)
- Practical Demonstrations (during attendance of training)
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
- Have you got a USI number? A USI also gives you easy online access to your enrolment and results information. All students studying a Australian Course are required by the Australian Government to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We cannot proceed with your enrolment if you do not have a USI, please click https://www.usi.gov.au/
- All students must present identification on the day of training.
- Students must have a reasonable level of literacy and numeracy to complete this course in order to be able to read the training materials and write assessment tasks
Other things to know
Students who cancel their enrolment part way through a training program must notify APIT in writing via email or letter at the soonest opportunity. Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Students are advised to consider alternative options such as requesting to
suspend their enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Facilities & Equipment
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program will also be supported with adequate Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Automated External Defibrillator, Handouts etc as appropriate.
Fees & Charges
Phone bookings will incur an additional surcharge fee of $10. An A4 hard copy of your qualification can be posted to you after your class for an additional fee of $10.
For further information on Fees & Charges, please visit Terms & Conditions