Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – Full course
Our Price: $49
This nationally accredited course teaches students how to recognise and respond to a medical emergency requiring Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures.
This course comprises of:
- 1-2 hours pre-reading of online learning materials
- 3 hours (1 Day) face-to-face with our qualified trainer
Classroom Delivery at our very own state of the art facilities
What’s the course about?
This CPR course provides learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant following cardiac arrest.
It is primarily focused on the practical aspect of CPR. We use scenarios to simulate real life situations to ensure that our students leave prepared for any situation they may encounter in the real world.
A Statement of Attainment (Certificate) will be provided for the successful completion of the following course:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID001 is valid for 12 months.
What we cover?
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Assessing and moving injured casualties
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Basic anatomy and physiology
APIT’s highly trained staff are qualified with Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and often have gained many years of experience in the industry. They are able to interactively engage with students in a relaxed and friendly manner, while drawing upon past experiences of real life emergencies to bring relevance along with the theory, and ensure accurate techniques are developed by the participants. This enables students to leave confident in the ability to utilise these skills & techniques for a medical emergency in future.
Our staff are fully equipped and experienced to provide on-site training to groups of participants in an approved workspace at competitive prices. We strongly believe that participants are able to take in much more when in a familiar setting. Our trainers are able to visit your workplace and are able to adapt and extract the best outcomes from students with their many years of experience conducting training in various settings.
Please contact one of our friendly staff to arrange a booking on 1300 WEUPSKILL, or inquire online by clicking on the link below
The Assessment Procedure
All assessment will be based on the principles of competency-based training and assessment.
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Pre-Test Theory Assessment (Online)
- Final Theory Assessment (during attendance of training)
- Practical Demonstrations (during attendance of training)
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
- Have you got a USI number? A USI also gives you easy online access to your enrolment and results information. All students studying a Australian Course are required by the Australian Government to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We cannot proceed with your enrolment if you do not have a USI, please click https://www.usi.gov.au/
- All students must present identification on the day of training.
- A multiple choice on-line home study, completed prior to your attending training.
- Only basic numeracy and literacy skills are needed to attend this course (please Student Services and Support link for LLN requirements)
Other things to know
Students who cancel their enrolment part way through a training program must notify APIT in writing via email or letter at the soonest opportunity. Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Students are advised to consider alternative options such as requesting to
suspend their enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Facilities & Equipment
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program will also be supported with adequate Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Automated External Defibrillator, Handouts etc as appropriate.
Fees & Charges
Phone bookings will incur an additional surcharge fee of $10. An A4 hard copy of your qualification can be posted to you after your class for an additional fee of $10.
For further information on Fees & Charges, please visit Terms & Conditions